Monday, December 7, 2009

Tom Antion Public Speaking: Put Out....The Easy Way

In an effort to keep at least one of my feet imbedded deeply in my own mouth I told a lady in one of my seminars that she just needed to "Put Out" if she wanted to get more business.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE . . . Before you start sending me hate mail like that goof ball a couple weeks ago, let me explain. I was trying to tell her that instead of guarding everything she had ever created that she should give it away and more business would come to her.

Here's how it works: You may remember that a little over a month ago I "put out" a FREE 7 Day mini course on Electronic Marketing. (If you missed it, you can still take it by sending a blank email to minicourse@aweber.com ) About 1200 people signed up for it in the first couple days. At the end of the first week I took in about $7000.00 in sales from my FREE minicourse.

You might ask, "Tom, was it a scam? Was it just a giant sales letter?" No it was not a scam, and the answer to the second question is yes AND no. It was a perfectly legitimate and credible marketing technique. . . . It's not new either. It's called "Give before you get."

I gave good information that people need to know so that they can both thrive in E Marketing and also so they don't get taken by people selling them poor services. There is nothing wrong with educating people about the benefits of your service. There was no hard sales pitch at all. Once the people who took the course realized that there was quite a bit they needed to know, they made the decision to purchase the information.

Get 30 Days Of Public Speaking Training For Only $5.00!