Monday, February 22, 2010

Tom Antion: Public Speaking Testimonial Tips

Tom Antion and Michelle Sorro

There are two types and four formats of testimonials.

Types:

· Pat on the back · Results Based

Formats:

· Written · Audio · Video · Oral

I have found that "results based" testimonials are by far the most effective. "Pat on the back" testimonials are nice and I would certainly use them if that's all I had, but I want you to keep your eyes out for "results based" testimonials.

Example of "Results Based" Testimonial:

"Since we started working with Tom our monthly revenues have quadrupled." Patsi and Denise AKA the Blog Squad

Example of "Pat on the Back" Testimonial:

"We recently had a consultation with Tom and he really took a lot of time working with us. We really liked him." Sally and Joe Nicepeople

Even though the "Pat on the Back" testimonial may appeal to people who really want personal attention, it generally won't help you as much as the "Results Based" testimonial.

Extra testimonial tips:

Make sure your testimonial is believable. I got one once where the person claimed that my information doubled his business in one week and this guy already had a really big business. I did not use the testimonial because it was not believeable to most people and I think he just wanted a link from my website back to his.

Also, make sure your testimonial is not too long. You can excerpt from it. If you feel the need to put in the entire thing (which is most cases is a bad idea), at least highlight the best things said so you don't bore people to death.

Get 30 days of public speaking training for only $5.00!